Why don't YOU try to lose it? Someone has to..

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 8

Second day at the gym.

I am severely out of shape apparently because half way through my little bike trip, my legs decided to go on strike and cramp up. I worked through it and finished my half hour on the bike...

My diet is changing too. I didn't really drink too much soda (and yes, diet really isn't good for you either, please don't kid yourself. Yes...it is better than regular soda, but if you were to cut out all soda from your diet, you would drop weight. The chemicals in the soda help the fat cells retain weight.) But I love juice...and I mean, I LOVE it. I can drink juice all day. So to offset this, I found these little packets of awesomeness from Arizona. Sugar free, yadda yadda yadda...just drop in your bottle of water and its like a flavor explosion. I can't vouch for how great they are for you, BUT what I can say is that the nutrition label reads like my bank account...0, 0, 0, 0.

Drinks were a huge problem in my diet, the other thing was portion control. I dont eat much throughout the day, but when I do, regardless of healthy or unhealthy, I eat a lot! So, to stop that little miracle, Danielle (my wife for those who don't know) is making me use a smaller plate. I definately eat more than the normal person to begin with...I am 6'5", with a big frame and a lot of muscle and fat, I eat a lot. I need bigger portions, its just the reality. So instead of driving myself crazy with planning out my plate, I eat on a smaller plate. I dont stack (too much, unless they are stackable, like fish fillets or something similar) but I give myself a nice portion.

And since this IS KOSHER weight loss, lets hear something from the RAMBAM, Rabbi Moshe Ben Maimon. Far be it for me to quote him in a Torah sense, I'm not really all that bright, however, the RAMBAM was a doctor to the Caliph in his time. His medical research and findings are actually still studied today (and proven correct). Anyhow, the RAMBAM found that drinking during eating is actually is bad for digestion. Whatever you are drinking actually waters down the stomach acid and makes it harder for the stomach to do its job. His solution? Drink a half hour after you eat. That way, your food is being processed and the water helps push things through.

There is a school of thought that I read about talking about stomach volume. If you keep your stomach full, you will eat less. It makes sense. So how is it done? A handful of almonds before you eat can help. I find, for myself, drinking a cup of water or two roughly a half hour before eating helps fill the bottomless abyss that is my stomach.

Maybe you guys have some tips. Respond and lets get talking.

Happy Hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment