Why don't YOU try to lose it? Someone has to..

Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 10

We need to talk. A little heart to heart.

Don't get depressed when you slack.

I didn't hit the gym tonight. I wanted to. I really did. I got home from work and just...slacked. Danielle tried to get me up off my duff, but I just wouldn't budge.

Motivation does work. Don't get me wrong, but it doesn't defeat the laziness of a supremely lazy person. But, I can't say "Tomorrow, I'll hit the gym" or "Diet starts Monday". That type of thinking will get you nowhere.

Again, being KOSHER weight loss (.blogspot.com), let's bring some G-d into the mix. Rav Tzaddok M'Lublin writes in "Tzidkas HaTzaddok" something very interesting about motivation. Of course, he talks about motivation to mitzvos, but it can be applied to everything in life, I mean, Torah is life right? Rav Tzaddok says that when you feel that little spark of motivation, you have to feed it. You have to run to do the mitzvah. There is nothing that should stop you. So to with taking care of yourself. Like going to the gym, l'havdil. You are motivated NOW to go to the gym. So, what are you waiting for? Go! Take the oppurtunity to feel that motivation and use it. It can only help.

I guess that can be good advice for really anything. You know what you want. Take it. Obviously, make sure what you want is correct. Following the rules of the Torah and the Land you live in. But take that spark and turn it into a life changing event. A fire, losing weight, doing Mitzvos...they all start with a spark and explode into something life changing. So just do it.

Happy Hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment