Why don't YOU try to lose it? Someone has to..

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 1

The Weight: Too Much to Tell
The Mood: Little depressed (See above topic)
Steps Taken Today:
(1)Joined Gym: Club Central; Cedarhurst, NY - Men's hours
(2)Bought new sneakers: I haven't had new sneakers, or a pair, in a very long time.
(3)Saw a dietitian: I love having friends in different fields. Rebeccah is gonna hook me up!
(4)Friendly competition: Yitzi Landman...buddy, you are going down.

The Backstory:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Simon. I am currently 28 years old. I am happily married to a wonderfully accepting woman named Danielle. I am 6' 5" and am "large and in charge."

One day, I received a text message from my friend Dave telling me about a promotion at the gym he goes to. Without thinking, I said I'll sign up. That's the story. I have a couple of reasons to do this:

1) My Wife
2) I am overweight
3) My knees and ankles hurt
4) Overly warm...all the time
5) Sluggish
6) Heart problems run in the family, on both sides
7) Dear Old Dad is a diabetic
8) I can't afford any more pants...

Just one reason is good enough, but the list really does go on and on and on. Even my Rabbi mentioned something. When the clergy tell you to do something, better start doing it. So I am.

As the name of the blog states, I keep Kosher. If you don't know what kosher means, please click here. I can't mix milk and meat, no shellfish, no pork. This may actually make things easier for any dieter because you actually have to be aware of what you eat. Awareness is one of the keys to weight loss.

This is the end of Day 1. I will post everyday. Maybe sometimes, many posts a day. If you have tips, please comment.

2 comments: